Monday, October 29, 2007

spoiled

i realized yesterday that my husband has spoiled me. really spoiled me. i have always been a very independent can-do-it-and-will-do-it-all-on-my-own kinda woman but ever so slowly my husband has worked his manly charm on me. my epiphany came yesterday when i was almost forced to drive his pickup. to put things into perspective i drive a 2003 ford supercrew pickup and my husband drives a 1988 chevy dually pickup. i have been driving since i was 14 and have driven my share of brokedown cars and trucks. but now that i'm older i don't want to drive how should i say this "challenged vehicles". my husbands truck is what i would call a "challenged vehicle". as he was running down the list of how to start it, then how to keep it started, then how to drive it instructions i realized i didn't want to drive it unless i absolutely "cause the world is coming to an end" have to. so being the spoiler that he is he postponed his little trip in my truck and let me run my errand in my truck so that i wouldn't have to drive his. like i said i'm spoiled. does my husband love his truck? no, but he drives it because thats what we have and its paid for. someday soon i'll be able to spoil him and buy him the work truck he needs and deserves that doesn't need 3 pages of instructions on how to start it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear he's lookin out for you. Sounds like you've got a real catch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's funny...arn't you glad God blessed you with someone to take care of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i too am VERY spoiled. here's to the men that know how to treat a woman. everyone should have one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't that so fun? being spoiled by your husband? i love it!

    however, i do feel a lot less independent now. i just want him there for everything...ah geez...

    ReplyDelete