Friday, October 5, 2007

pressing on

God has brought me such wonderful friends. i realized this as i had a minor meltdown on thursday and i had a good friend listen to me and look me in the eyes and tell me the hard things that i needed to hear. i have a trust problem. you name it i don't trust it. mainly people and God. i'm getting better but i'm not quite there and i probably won't be there completely until Jesus comes. and when He comes i want Him to find me pressing toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

i also loved what A spoke about at the womens retreat.

Vulnerability

i don't want to be vulnerable. i associate it with weakness and i don't want to be weak. you see i've been vulnerable and people have hurt me. so i say to myself i won't be that weak person anymore. so i wall myself in. brick by brick. i retreat into myself and then i get hurt because i'm all alone. then God reminds me of words i've said to encourage others and these words have come back to encourage me. how cool is that? God's word has not returned void. isn't that written somewhere.

so here i am pressing on Lord.

4 comments:

  1. We can never understand the things going around us or happening to us. On that being said, I'm going to tell you what I was taught from a very early age......God doesn't ask you to UNDERSTAND, He only ask that you STAND. Stand on His word and trust Him - He is so trustworthy - like no one else. Lean on Him, hold onto Him, believe Him and TRUST HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have people in your life your beginning to trust. It is hard to let people in. It seems as if everytime I do. At some point I wish I hadn't.

    But I know we have to connect with people and trust at times. Isolation is preying ground for Satan. If he can get us disconnected it is so easy for him to take us down.

    Love you. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you said it just right meems. everytime i trust someone at some point i wish i hadn't. but i'm learning that even the people you trust the most will let you down and disappoint you. they will inadvertantly lose your trust. God wants us to learn to first trust Him and He can walk us through those times. sometimes He will mend the relationship and it will be stronger and healthier because of the trials. and sometimes these friendships are only for a season. but it is through these friendships that He is teaching me to trust and love and growing me into His image. however painful that may be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, that's the one that got me, also. Remember the set table? He told me it was also for me...I hit the wall. Took the rest of the week for Him to pick me up, dust me off and set me back on my feet. I am so glad He doesn't quit on us. And I am glad you accepted His invitation.

    ReplyDelete