Tuesday, July 3, 2007

ode to clifford joe

today is cliff's birthday and we celebrated with hot wings, chocolate cake and fireworks. in honor of his birthday i am including a poem written by his mom. i think it perfectly sums up the joys of raising a boy.

Ode to Clifford Joe
As I sit here alone
I wait on the dryer
I'm playing a game
And starting to tire.
What's that I smell?
Invading my lair
So pungent, so vile
Polluting my air.
I search left and right
I look high and low
That's when I see it
Right by my toe.
How could something so small
And from a boy so sweet
Provide indisputable proof
That he has rotten feet?
My cries of dismay
Cause my puppies to flock
Around the source of the odor
Clifford Joe's SOCK!

3 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Happy birthday, Cliff! Hope you had a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry have no boys!!! But fun still!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy b-day cliff. hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete