Monday, July 30, 2007

so i won't forget



my daughter is at that age, the magic age where she is still a little girl but at the same time is on the verge of womanhood. the SCARY age. the age where she thinks she knows it all and nothing at all...all at the same time. i think i'm the only mom in the ever-increasing blogging family that has teenagers so don't let this scare you, because its also a wonderful time. she's not quite at the mom doesn't know anything age, but its coming...i can feel it. i have always felt that God took all the best of me and her father and made her. i can just see so much perfection in her. not that she is perfect but i can see all the promise of a life on the verge of becoming all God has created her to be. i want her to always remember that she can be anything she wants to be.

she asked me the other day "mom why do i have to always work so hard for everything" i explained that God knows what she will need to grow into the person He wants her to be and for her that means she has to work hard for everything. everything meaning grades and sports. for her this is everything. i just love her questions. sometimes they are profound and sometimes just silly. they always make me think.

5 comments:

  1. I could not stop thinking about the way she adored you in the nursery on Sunday.
    The way she draped her big'o teenage form over you just like she was a tiny baby.
    it was beautiful.
    and it spoke volumes of the rich life that you and your husband have provided for her.
    I prayed that night, after I saw you guys together, that my relationship with my children would be that loving when they are teens.
    And that is the truth.
    Much love!
    You're doing a great job, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop. Your making me cry. How precious it is to get the chance to watch our children grow up.

    You've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your daughter. From what I see, she is so outgoing and accepting of others. She loves helping, and she is flat out hilarious. And beautiful...inside and out. You're doing great, mom, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen is most definitely wonderful. And don't worry - when they hit the "my parents are stupid" stage, we, as your friendly neighborhood youth pastors, do our best to knock it out of them. We try to help them understand that they are, in fact, the stupid ones. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is such a precious young lady that has had a huge impact on my daughters. she is beautiful, funny , sweet, tender hearted, loving, accepting, and a reflection of her mother. you have done a fantastic job. you can tell how much she loves you, just by the way she looks at you.

    ReplyDelete