Saturday, June 30, 2007

walkin' it out

thank you peeps for praying. i'm not going to say i've turned a corner with the 16 year-old but we have had some good days. i had a good talk with her mom on wednesday and some things that were up in the air are now cleared up. i was able to tell my sister in a non-confrontational way that she would never be able to move in with us. this is what they (my sis and her kids)have all been wanting but it is just impossible at this point. for those of ya'll who have never been to my house i live in a small (1100 sq ft) 3 bedroom 2 bath home. my sister would have to live on my couch. this would totally push me over the edge, not to mention my husband. who has been amazing through all this.

i just need ya'll to pray that my sister will do what she needs to do to get herself healthy and be able to provide a home for her family. until then they will be with us. i know ya'll have listened to alot of my whining, but it really hasn't been as bad as it could be. God has smoothed alot of rough places in my heart and made little things that used to bother me not so bothersome. i have and am still becoming a better person because of all this. i guess God really knows what He's doing. imagine that...love you God. can't believe i'm gonna say this, but keep it up.

2 comments:

  1. I prayed that prayer once. Not so much lately....I am so glad to hear that good is coming from a rough situation.

    It seems like we grow the most when we are going through hard times. Maybe because we tend to pay much more attention to our maker.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be here to listen as much as you need. that is what a friend does for each other.
    you and yours are always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete