Wednesday, June 20, 2007

mark 4:18-19

have you ever had a scripture just banging around in your mind?

well for the last 2 days i've had mark 4 swirling around in my head. it was there monday morning so being the obedient person that i am(lol) i read it and thought oh thats nice. then tuesday i'm listening to joyce meyers and shes preaching on mark 4. and this made me perk up a little. enough to read it again and think ok theres something there. well this morning there it is again. so i finally had to stop pull out the BIG bible, my comparative study bible and read it again in 4 translations before i finally realized God was trying to tell me something. i was especially amazed at verses 18 and 19. this is me. i have let the cares and anxieties of the world......choke and suffocate the Word (amplified). i will admit it i'm a worrier.

Hello my name is Rhonda and i'm a worry-a-holic.

for those of you worriers out there don't wish there was some kind group we could go to, well anyways. my worrying has gotten less and less over the years, especially since i found Jesus, but i still have the tendency to slip into the worry zone. especially when life isn't behaving the way i think it should. did i mention i also have control issues. well thats for another post.

with all that said, i'm still amazed God would love me enough to keep hitting me with the same scripture over and over in so many different ways and that He truly cares. He doesn't want me to worry, He wants me to cast my care on Him. but then i get stuck trying to figure out how and then i realize its not some big secret. you just do it...you just call on Him everytime the worry hits and just give it to Him, over and over and over again if thats what it takes. and He takes it everytime.....thank you Jesus for saving me, thank you for loving and setting me free. thank you for caring so much about me that You don't want me to stay the same old rhonda You want to transform me and make me over in Your image. and to do this You allow trials into my life. help me to see each new challenge as a way to be more like You and instead of worrying to ask myself "what is God up to in all this?"

2 comments:

  1. I went to go to my blog and hit your on accident and I glad I did. Thanks because what you said is what I need to hear (see my blog).
    Hello My name is Esther I too am a worrier please God help me to remember also to hand over my problems.
    Thanks for therapy who should I make the check out to?
    Thanks again I need to hear that!
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. like esther, i too needed that scripture. i have been worrying too much about this move to sa. i know that God is in charge of my life, i just need reminding from time to time. even though it took a few times ;), thanks for listening to what God was saying to you.

    it looks like He was also trying to say it through you.

    ReplyDelete