Sunday, July 27, 2008

my week in review

with all the children out of the house for camp last week i did mountains of homework. i will never, ever, ever do 2 classes at one time unless i no longer have children at home. its too hard juggling my schedule and their schedules without driving myself and them crazy and then stressing out about when am i gonna do homework and i only have 2 weeks to finish this class and 4 weeks to finish the other class. so i finished my biology class on tuesday with a 93. this was the most awesomely hard class so far but its the one i've enjoyed the most. go figure. so when i have to do mountains of homework i just don't have the words or the time or the energy to blog. a big sorry to my faithful readers.

we were able to buy freddie a good, used, low mileage car. she was so excited when we gave it to her on friday night. she just kept walking around telling everyone she had a car, she even thanked Jesus when we prayed over our meal. how sweet is that. and let me tell you i'm already loving the fact that she has a car. she is so eager to run any kind of errand for me. she took moe over to his friends house today and is gonna pick him up tomorrow and take him to his mom's so he can spend the week with her. did i forget to mention. we got moe back friday night. my brother dropped him off at camp on monday and he rode back with the church group on friday. so now he is eagerly waiting for his paycheck so he can spend some money. we are gonna give him some to blow and the rest will go into his savings account. he was a little upset with me because i won't let him buy a laptop but that is a whole nuther story. after i explained why he shouldn't get a laptop he was a little better. i just don't think its wise for a 13 year old boy to have unlimited access to the internet. you can call me strict and thats ok cause i really don't care what anybody thinks. God has given me these children and there is enough bad stuff out there that can't be avoided without adding to it in our homes. OK i'm coming down off my soapbox but nothing riles me up like exposing our children to filth whether it be tv, music, or the internet. so there.

2 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY agree. I don't think any teen should have unlimited access to the internet. i have brought my computer guru home with me just so she can help me set up all the necessary filters.

    The girls were kind of upset that we were not going to put the computer upstairs with them. BUT NO WAY. and they got over it.

    you go sista!!!!! i will take good care of squirt for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Reese's and gum!!! However did you know?!? :) I had so much fun at camp! I love your kids.
    I love YOU!

    ReplyDelete