Sunday, April 27, 2008

being Jesus

we are trying to teach our children not just to tell people about Jesus but sometimes you must be Jesus. well today we got our chance to show them how to be Jesus. my husband coaches a hardball hockey team, they had a 1 day tournament in lubbock, one of the families broke down about halfway home last night. luckily they were in a caravan coming back and were able to just load them up and bring them in. so this morning my husband got up in the rain, hitched up the trailer and took the guy back to get his car. while he was doing this i was going to pick up 2 more hockey kids from their house. their mom had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital this morning. their dad is in honduras on tdy. they had no one else to turn to and i couldn't just leave the kids home alone so off i went to pick them up. we went to the hospital and checked on mom. she will be there a couple of days so me and her best friend worked out how we were gonna take care of the kids. guess what? i now have 2 more kids for the next couple of days. OK God when i thanked you yesterday for giving me a houseful of teenagers i didn't mean You could give me 2 more. just joking, but seriously pray for us.

2 comments:

  1. Any other person may have used their present circumstances as an excuse not to take these kids in...because surely they are doing enough...there's just no need to add something else...God knows my plate is full, so He doesn't expect me to add this to it also. I know this because those are the things that would come to my mind if it were me.
    Thank you for being such a wonderful example not only to your kids, but to me...going the extra mile...being His hand extended.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You simply amaze me!!!!!!!!!!!!! What blessing God has in store for you. Most of us talk about christian ideas, You my dear sweet friend, live it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    love ya,
    kimmie

    ReplyDelete