Friday, April 25, 2008

1 year ago today....

....we were in dallas picking up the kids. i can't believe its been 1 year already. it seems like just yesterday our whole world was turned upside-down, in a good way of course. the last year has had its challenges and its joys. i was not always sure we where doing the right thing but when i look back we were doing what we had to do. My sister as much as she loves her kids will never be able to handle the day-to-day stress of raising children. even the simple things get her all tied up. She is now in a little 2 bedroom rent house and is getting the kids on the weekends. for now this works. we have learned to take things one day at a time and not get too set in our ways. every time i plan something it falls apart or gets rearranged. so i'm learning to go with the flow. God has been stretching me and growing me in ways i never imagined. i don't have enough page to write all the wonders of His ways. thank you God for not always giving me what i what but for giving me what i need. even if that means filling my house with teenagers.

colleen made a comment the other day that really got me to thinking. She was telling her cousin that she was my 4th pregnancy. it made me think that even though i have 3 children in heaven God has given me 3 extra children here on earth to love and raise. how cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment