Friday, January 4, 2008

is it over yet?

i dropped my sister and niece off at the shelter on monday. man was that hard. i try to be all tough on the outside but on the inside i'm all soft and gooey. it was just me and freddie standing there watching them disappear inside the salvation army. so very sad. they only had to stay a few nights but it was still hard. for the moment they are staying at a low cost motel until they can find a small house to rent. she got her first backpay disability check this week and it is burning a hole in her pocket. i can't really blame her she has had a rough 8 months living on her friends couch with nothing to call her own. i'm trying to step back and only overly concern myself with her mental health. as the oldest sister i have a tendency to want to take over and mother her but she is a grown women and needs to live her own live. as long as she is willing to live it.

i did take some time for me this week and read a whole book in two days. it was wonderful and decadent and i made myself not feel guilty. thanks cassandra for recommending my sisters keeper by jodi picoult, i never saw the end coming until it was on me and i was crying my eyes out.

7 comments:

  1. How very difficult that must have been for you.
    Grace where grace is needed and
    Strength when we feel weak.
    Lord I ask you to guide rm through the tricky spots. You are a mighty provider. Thank you Lord. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this part only gets "over" when you aren't here anymore. Sitting (for real) at the feet of Jesus makes it "over." Praying for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got to take some time for yourself.
    Well deserved, my friend, well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your a strong women. I'm so proud of you for being your sister's keeper. Nowadays most people run the other way.

    Love the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you enjoyed the book. I thought you might. :)

    Hang in there. I've said it once and I'll say it again: You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so very hard to do that. I am sorry that you had to go through that. We had to do that with my brother once. Boy you talk about choking down the tears.

    I agree with meems, I am glad you didn't run the other way either.

    Much mercy and grace, rest and peace and joy be yours, my dear sweet friend.

    love you,
    kimmie

    ReplyDelete