Wednesday, January 23, 2008

feelin' so fly

i'm madly in love with tobyMac's CD 'portable sound'. i can't stop listening to it. i know i'm gonna get sick of it eventually but until then i'm gonna enjoy the sounds.

can't help but glorify my Adonai. gotta testify.

the words are just so catchy. i find myself dancing in my seat at work.

this ain't no firedrill. it hits like holyfield.

my love affair with toby started many years ago, 11 to be exact when i was a baby christian and a friend gave me a cassette of DC Talk - Jesus freak.

people think i'm strange, does it make me a stranger
my Best Friend was born in a manger.

i didn't realize christian music could sound so good. i only associated christian music with music that i didn't want to listen to. you know slow and without passion.

here to rep the Most High with this one.

or so i thought, oh did God have a surprize for me. that one cassette opened my eyes to the realities of God. He wasn't just a God of hymns. He was a God who wanted to groove.

you'll never find peace in your pool of self

i do like slow songs but nothing moves me like a hard rockin' song like third day 'consuming fire'. these are drivin' songs. you know the kind you put in your vehicle, roll the windows down and drive really fast while singin' at the top of your lungs.

Yesterday was the day that I was alone
Now I'm in the presence of Almighty God

so thank you God for showing me so long ago and then reminding me almost everyday that you care about the music i listen to and You have given talented men and women a vision to rock out for You.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! That was great!
    And I SSSOOOO agree with you! There's nothing like a good rock song that glorifies God! I'm still a Petra fan, myself!

    ReplyDelete