Sunday, May 18, 2008

home again home again jigity jog.....

...we just got back from feeding the hogs.

another one of my dads sayings. you all must think my family is incredibly weird and you would be right. we are incredibly weird but we know how to have fun.

my wonderful husband took me to fredericksburg for my anniversary/birthday. it was wonderful. fredericksburg is one of our favorite weekends spots. we always stay at a different b & b. we have stayed at some wonderful ones that i would love to stay at again, but it seems that everytime i go online to make reservations a different one will catch my eye. so we have stayed at several b & b's. the one we stayed at this weekend was wonderful. it was the perfect couple get-a-away place. it was only 3 blocks off of main so we could walk everywhere most of the weekend.

we went to trade days which was a new experience. i can't believe i've been going there for 6 years and have never gone to trade days. i will certainly go back. my favorite part was as i was sitting on the floor sorting through a box of silverplate from germany and suddenly realizing that this was fun to me. i'm not a boutique kinda girl. i'm a dig through a big box of junk to find a treasure kinda girl. i blame my dad and step-mom. they used to drag us to all kinds of junk shops, uh sorry dad "antique shops" and we would spend hours finding treasures in piles of junk. i also credit my dad for my crazy sense of decorating style. if you can call it a style. he was famous for taking simple farm and primitive implements, cleaning them up, maybe slapping on a coat of paint, hanging them on the wall and calling them art. i thought it was wonderful. just the thought of playing around with different things and turning them into something else was just incredible to me.

so what did i find in that big-o box of junk? i found some beautiful german silverplate teaspoons, shrimp forks and big serving spoons.

woo-hoo happy birthday to me.

1 comment:

  1. How fun!
    To me, it depends on the size of the box. If it is too big, I get overwhelmed and give up.

    I'm so glad you had a great time! There's nothing like a nice little getaway with the hubby!

    Happy Anniversary/Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete