Sunday, March 16, 2008

i feel so private

i feel so private with my new private blog. i thought i would feel closed in knowing exactly who was reading and commenting on my blog, but on the contrary. it feels nice. i know everyone invited and that i can trust them and God with my heart and thoughts. it reminds me of a newborn baby that needs to be swaddled to feel secure and comfortable. it also reminds me of the play houses me and my sisters would make. we would drag as many kitchen chairs as we could into our room and then cover them with blankets. then we would climb inside and play house. i would feel so safe and cozy. sometimes my mom would let us sleep overnight in them. this was a special treat ranking right up there with staying up late watching a movie and 'accidentally' falling asleep on the couch and getting to sleep there all night. i'm not sure why that was so much fun, but my kids fight over sleeping on the couch. as i type squirt is taking a nap on the couch and i'm wondering why am i not taking a nap on the couch. maybe i should go shove her over and take a little snooze before church.

No comments:

Post a Comment