Saturday, July 25, 2009

almost mother-in-law

i was happily surprized this evening by my almost mother in law dropping off a box of fresh baked brownies. she was on her way home and thought of me and all my children and knew we would enjoy them. how sweet was that?!? if you are asking yourself why would i call her my almost mother in law. well because she is not mark's mom she is mark's ex-wife's mom.

I have always been especially blessed with people who truly love me.

people who don't have to love me but choose to love me.

seven years ago when i married mark i not only was welcomed into his family but i was also welcomed into his ex-wife's family.

i know this sounds strange but as a child of divorce my mother set the example that even though divorce can separate a family you can make the choice to rise above and love the ones that God has placed into your life.

so when mark and i married i went out of my way to always rise above and treat his ex-wife's family as if they where my own. this has not always been easy but it has always been worth it. we all love jonathan and none of us ever want him to feel he has to take sides. so if the adults get along then he is never stuck in the middle.

so thank you wilma for the wonderful brownies and the wonderful love.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!
    People love you because you love people and are honest with them. You are a wonderful example to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have faith, and that brings the blessings and when you have blessings everyone loves you.

    ReplyDelete