Sunday, June 15, 2008

a man of honor

just wanted to take the opportunity to express my feelings for my husband. he's an awesome man and i thank God everyday for bringing us together. how we got together is kinda funny. i had resigned myself to the fact that i would be single forever. i had decided God would be my husband and i was perfectly content with the arrangement. i wasn't willing to compromise and accept God's permissive will i only wanted God's perfect will and if that meant being single then i was happy. so i was single for 5 years and then God brought mark. no he's not a perfect man but then i'm not a perfect woman. we have had our bumps in the road but we both know that we want to be with each other forever, come what may. the last year has been an especially bumpy road with my sister's breakdown and us stepping up to take her children. my husband has set aside his desire of being self-employed so that we will have the assurance of a steady paycheck. he has supported me in my desire to get a college education and has taken up the slack with the kids and a not so tidy home. i've never been much of a housekeeper so its not saying much. needless to say he is a real man. a man that continually puts his family above himself and shows us everyday that we are important and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment