Saturday, February 23, 2008

sweet and sour

we play a game as we are driving called sweet and sour. squirt waves at cars and if they wave back they are sweet and if they don't they are sour. well the other day i was stopped at a light beside a school bus when i caught movement out of the corner of my eye. as i glanced to my left i saw the sweetest redheaded, freckle-faced boy waving at me. so i waved back and he got the biggest grin on his face and waved even harder. i smiled for the rest of the day.

i guess i'm sweet.

5 comments:

  1. Awww!!!
    I loved this post! It brought a smile to my face.

    And, yes, you are sweet!! Squirt should be proud...she taught you right! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just smiled and smiled at this story. it's one of the best i've ever heard. i read it to michael as soon as i was finished reading it myself.

    you little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'd say the self-assessment in that last line is right on target! That little boy saw the smile on your face and wanted to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's sweet. Since having a freckle-faced boy, I have become quite fond of freckle-faced boys!

    I've taken my blog private and am unfortunately resorting to invite-only -- trying to remember everyone who's commented in the past so I can invite them. I know you've commented, but I don't know your e-mail address, so I can't invite you!

    (If you can e-mail me at lorna.griggs@gmail.com, I'll invite you.)

    (I'm not being picky or selective -- I'm just trying to protect myself from the prying eyes of a particular teenager who thinks she is entitled to know everything about her mother's life.) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can attest to that.

    You smile sweetly all the time!

    I love it!!

    ReplyDelete