Tuesday, October 29, 2013

missionary girl

I can't believe it has been 2 years since I have posted.

not sure why I've been silent this long.

first and foremost this blog has always been my way to somehow document the simple events of my life.  my thoughts and feelings and insights. 

my last post was about my daughter so let me make this first post back about her.

my beautiful daughter is currently serving her first long term mission in the Philippines. 

I cannot describe how hard it was to leave her at the airport knowing I won't see her for the next 7 months.  if something happens I can't get to her....she is totally on her own.  she is so incredibly brave and I am so incredibly proud. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi "Mimi" ( this is the one of ur names i loved most in your self description. hope thats fine )

    stumbled on your blog from where i dont know... but im enticed with the simplicity of ur style and the tenderness in your words, lines, punctuation and breaks.

    please try to write more often.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome for raising such a strong daughter. I love your blog... I hope you will keep it going.

    ReplyDelete